Tuesday 13 August 2013

My sense of belonging a place where I feel at home- University of Johannesburg  




Being away from home sometimes is very difficult task because you’re faced with many challenges ahead of you because you’re leaving the life you once had behind with family and friends. Its hurts so deeply being so alone in a new environment that is so diverse and multicultural because adapting takes time and it can even led to months but ever since I have been here in University of Johannesburg adapting was never a difficult task hence I call Kingsway campus a place away from home.

I was so privileged enough to be among those students who have found a place away from home in University. The reason being is because I spent around 6 to 7 hours a week on campus even on weekend than at my place which I consider boring and which I feel that it doesn't have that sense of belongings that acquire than the University. I have made many friends from different ethnicity ever since I came to varsity and they have proven themselves that I can rely on them whenever I need help.

 I feel safe when I am around the campus because it secured with 24/7 security with top of the art facilities that money can afford and the library is quiet so this made it easy for me to have selected it as my second home even though one can argue that why I choose a place like this because I do not sleep here and its stressful but as we all know every individuals has his own choice and taste. "one thing is certain that we are all here for one purpose which is success and achieving that one dreaming that everyone is dreaming about(education)". 





No comments:

Post a Comment